Monday, January 19, 2009

Quick Oatmeal

I love the convenience of the store bought oatmeal packets and never considered making my own until I found this recipe. Unfortunately I can't remember where I found it to give the credit. Sorry!

With this you can make a batch and store it, making only as much as you need. Although we go through this pretty fast!! Mix together:
8 cups quick oats
1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt
2 cups powdered milk


The recipe I found said to just add hot water, but did not say how much. I have been adding about an equal amount of water (such as 1 cup water to 1 cup mixture) and microwaving for 2 minutes or less.

4 comments:

Kerry said...

This is great! Do you store it in the refridgerator or the pantry?

Aly @ Lip Zip said...

The quick oatmeal recipe is just what we need around here. Those little Quaker packets add up in price as fast as we go through them. Thanks!

Carrie said...

I store it in the pantry, we go through it pretty fast so no need for us to keep it in the fridge. The first time I made it I made a half recipe and we used it up in two days!!!

Cascia Talbert said...

I didn't know you could make your own quick oatmeal. Thank you for sharing this recipe. I might have to try it.