Friday, January 2, 2009

Psalm 26

Scripture

Psalm 26

Verse 12 "I have taken a stand, and I will publicly praise the Lord."

Observation

How often does God come up in your everyday conversations? As I pondered this I recalled conversations I had with family and friends over Christmas. Most of my conversations tend to focus on the kids and what they are doing or what funny things they have said. I quickly realized how little I discuss my faith and beliefs with anyone outside of my church bible study.


Application

To be an effective witness, I not only need to live a godly life but I need to tell others how God is working in my life. I am so blessed and I need to spend more time praising God for those blessings - and I need to do it more publicly!

Verse 7 says "singing a song of thanksgiving and telling of all your miracles." As I am slowly teaching myself how to play the piano better I can easily be learning hymns! What a wonderful way to praise God and also to help my children learn to praise Him too.


Prayer

Thank you Lord for giving me such a blessed life. Please guide me through my days and show me opportunities to spread your word and praise you.

1 comment:

Penny said...

So true! While I spent a few days with my aunt, I realized what a godly woman she was and how much she spoke about God and what He was doing in her life. And I got to thinking...Why don't I do that more???