Thursday, January 15, 2009

Psalm 32

Scripture
Psalm 32

Verse 3 When I refused to confess my sin, I was weak and miserable, and I groaned all day long.

Verse 8 The Lord says, "I will guide you along the best pathway for your life. I will advise you and watch over you.

Observation
In verse 3 it says "When I refuse", so it is our choice to be weak and miserable. It really is that simple.

Verse 8 then gives us a promise from God. He is guiding us, advising us and watching over us. All we need to do is pay attention and listen to Him.

Application
We have to look within ourselves and discover the sins we are committing. When we know what sins we are committing we can confess them and change those things in our lives. To help us look within we need to look to God, He will let us know what we need to change. The more we lean on the Lord the easier it will be to hear Him.

Prayer
Lord, thank you for your promise to guide us and advise us. Please help us to understand those moments we hear you speaking to us. May we all learn when we are miserable it is our choice and may you give us the strength to fight out of our misery by becoming closer to you.

1 comment:

Penny said...

I never thought about the sins I didn't even know I had committed until our pastor preached on it, and I started praying about things I needed to change. Boy, did I find a lot! =)