Thursday, January 1, 2009

a minor setback

So it seems that whenever I decide try harder to get life back to "normal" (whatever normal is, I'm not sure I've seen it!) that there is yet another set back. Last weekend we bought some vinyl tiles and had plans to replace the nasty carpet in our porch. Yesterday I was about to start cleaning/clearing the porch so that we would be ready to start this morning. That was about when I noticed a small flood on the floor on our pantry.

We have laminate floors and that area we put a strip of carpet under the shelving units to protect the floor from the legs of the units. On the bottom of the pantry there were several 2.5 gallon water jugs that developed leaks. Unfortunately the carpet acted like a sponge and nicely disbursed the water over the entire area. I nearly had a panic attack - water on laminate is the worst thing for the floors!!

So I quickly prayed for sanity and realized that I would have to completely empty the shelves so I could remove them in order to remove the wet carpet. Hard to believe how much can be put on a shelf!!

So that minor crisis was solved and today I had to clean out the porch. Now we are in the midst of a disaster area, nothing is where it belongs and instead is all piled up in the kitchen and dining area. Of course that is the space that drives me the most insane if it is not in order.

Hopefully it will not take too long!

No comments: