Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Psalm 31

Scripture
Psalm 31

Verse 3 You are my rock and my fortress. For the honor of your name, lead me out of this peril.

Observation
Yesterday I read a convicting post written by Amy on her blog Mom's Toolbox . Basically she is struggling with frustration and not parenting in the way she wants to, always being a Godly example to her children.

I too have been struggling and am often overwhelmed, lose my patience, blah blah blah. This is not a post for complaining, it is meant to learn and grow. I am fully confident that God is my strength, "my rock and my fortress" to work through anything. And also if I am paying attention He will guide me along the right path. But this verse today showed me that through my action of following Him I am in turn honoring God.

Application
So if my actions are a reflection of Him, then He is also the source of my patience. How do I tap into that source? Well, Verse 2 actually caught my attention first "Bend down and listen to me; rescue me quickly."

Rescue me Quickly!!!! I need to put this on a big banner in my kitchen so that whenever I am losing patience I can quickly pray to God to Rescue Me Quickly from my frustrations. Perhaps this short prayer can help me to deal with the situation in a better and more constructive way than "losing it!"

Verse 24 assures me that I can be strong and I can have courage because my hope is in the Lord.

Prayer
Lord, guide me through my frustrations and help me to never lose sight of you. In those moments of helplessness remind all of us of your protection and how easily we can call on you to rescue us. Through your loving kindness and your precious Word I I now have more strength and courage and tomorrow will be a better day. And when it is I give you all the glory!

No comments: