Sunday, January 11, 2009

Psalm 29

Scripture
Psalm 29
Verse 11 The Lord gives his people strength. The Lord blesses them with peace.

Observation
In this Psalm we see some of the ways God speaks to us. The words used to describe His voice include thunders, powerful, splits, shatters, strikes, quake. Certainly not a description of peace.

Yet in the final verse that is what we are blessed with. Our strength and peace come from the powerful nature of God.

Application
We can all rely on God's power for our strength. The level of strength each of us needs is different. Whatever needs we have we can pray for strength, and we will receive peace if we are willing to hear God's voice telling us how to tap into that strength.

Prayer
Lord, thank you for your voice and for speaking to me. I know that you are speaking to me in many ways every day. I pray that able to hear you and respond in the ways that are pleasing to you. Give me the strength I need and thank you for the blessing of peace.

No comments: