Monday, January 12, 2009

Psalm 30

Scripture
Psalm 30

Verse 11 You have turned my mourning into joyful dancing. You have taken away my clothes of mourning and clothed me with joy,

Observation
We are all faced with trials, some difficult and some rather insignificant. But they are still trials we must endure. In verse 5b "Weeping may go on all night, but joy comes with the morning." tells us that at the end of our trial is joy. And verse 11 puts it into perspective. God allows suffering but He also takes it away replacing it with joy.

Application
During times of suffering it can be difficult to sing praises and be thankful to God. But this is what we should be doing. We learn from our trials and grow stronger by enduring them. Praise God in all things and you will be rewarded with a joyful heart.

Prayer
Lord, thank you for bringing me to this place today. I have been praying for strength and patience, but what I need to be doing is praising you. Praising you for your wonderous creation and your glorious Word, and thanking you for the wonderful husband and precious children you have given me.

No comments: