Saturday, January 17, 2009

Psalm 34

Scripture
Psalm 34
Verse 14 (NLT) Turn away from evil and do good. Work hard at living in peace with others.

Verses 14 (NKJV) 14 Depart from evil and do good; Seek peace and pursue it.

Observation
Verse 12 (NLT) asks Do any of you want to live a life that is long and good? We read in the NKJV that one of the ways to have this is to seek out peace, to pursue it.

Based on the name of my blog, you can imagine that I do not have alot of peace. The last few weeks I have become increasingly overwhelmed which seems to make the normal chaos of our house significantly more chaotic. I have been wondering and praying for some peace, a time of refreshing. My "me time" tends to be evenings, but I am usually so burned out by then that all I have energy for is being a couch potato! So what do I need to do to get peace.

At one time I said to my hubby - I am going on a Spa & Craft retreat for the rest of the day so you are in charge. He looked at me a bit strangely and simply said. "Okay!" So off I went to my blessed Spa & Craft retreat (aka a bath and an afternoon in the sewing room) AHHH it was blissful. Not very "peaseful" because I could hear the chaos downstairs, but I came back the next day a more peace filled parent.

Application
I need to do that again, and I need to do it often. I need to take care of myself and find some peace, a time of refreshment. To have that long and good life, and to give my family a good life, I need to seek out and pursue this time for myself.


Prayer
Lord, I praise you for answering my prayers, for showing me how to find peace within myself. Thank you for showing me I need to have time for myself to spend praising you, learning your Word and spending time in peace and refreshing so that I can be a better wife and mother. I show you honor because I am working hard at living in peace with others.

No comments: