Sunday, January 18, 2009

Psalm 35

Scripture
Psalm 35
Verse 27 But give great joy to those who have stood with me in my defense. Let them continually say, "Great is the Lord, who enjoys helping his servant."

Observation
I see in this Psalm terrible things happening to David. His enemies are opposing, attacking and trying to kill him. They are malicious witnesses trying to trap, slander, and mock him. Amongst all these terrible descriptions David is praying to the Lord and praising Him.

There are many ways we are attacked. I am incredibly blessed and I am able to say that I have never had to endure any kind of attacks of this nature. But I know of others who have. There are also those who face terrible hardships. Death, sickness, abuse, financial problems, and the list could go on and on. Satan is constantly attacking us and uses any means he can to find ways to our weaknesses.

Application
The best I can do for those facing these kinds of trials is to stand with them, be there for them, pray for them and help them to be able to continually praise God.

Prayer
Lord, help us through our trials when we are faced with them. Give us the courage and strength to stand with those who are being attacked. Thank you for hearing our prayers and answering them in your time. All our joy is in praising you.

No comments: