Sunday, January 11, 2009

Potty Training Update



I would say that Sam is officially potty trained! HOORRAY!!!! Today he had no accidents, had dry Pull-ups in the morning and after rest time, and discovered how to do the pee-pee dance. I am thrilled and he is too. The look of excitement on his face when he is on the potty doing his business is priceless.

Ben & Carlee have had some success but are not completely trained. Both have used the potty but both have had accidents as well. I think that they have simply not put it all the pieced together yet.

Tomorrow Daddy gets to "escape" to work and I am on my own during the day. We decided that rather than pushing Ben & Carlee to be in underwear I would casually try to keep them in Pullups. I will still work on getting them to use the potty, but the pullups will hopefully save some floor cleanups. Well, that is if I can get Ben to keep his clothes on. He is the child that prefers to be naked!

In our opinion the Potty Party was not 100% successful, but in the end still a big success. First Sam is potty trained. Second, we are through with diapers. Although some habits are hard to break. After a bath I always put down a change pad on the floor so they can comfortably lay down to get a diaper on. Tonight I put the pad down and burst out laughing when I realized I no longer needed to that! They can now stand up to get pullups & jammies on. This sounds like such a small thing, but when you are dressing three kids that is alot of ups and downs that we don't have to do anymore!

It really is amazing how far we have come and how quickly things change. As soon as I have ever figured out a routine that works they always change something and I have to start all over! The screen saver on our computer is set to be a slide show of our photos and puts them up randomly. This was one of the photos that I saw today. It shows one of my tricks for survival when Ben & Carlee were just over 3 months old and I was on my own with them during the day.


I have not yet figured out a trick to surviving potty training 3 at a time - but I will!

1 comment:

Penny said...

Yea, thanks for the new address! Kudos to Sam! I know you'll be so glad when all three of them are potty trained!