Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Psalm 37

Scripture
Psalm 37
Verse 5 Commit everything you do to the Lord. Trust him, and he will help you.

Observation
Have you ever had one of those days when you finally realize God is trying to pound something into your head? Well today is one of those days for me. First I got an email that really affected me. I copied it and posted it here. Then this verse nearly jumped off the page when I read it!!!

My days usually only include: efforts to eat more "from scratch", playtime, storytime, at home preschool, and even having little helpers (who are not alot of help, especially cracking eggs LOL) bake with me. All of these things may not seem significant now, but when I read the email it hit home. The carver's little bird on the beam that noone will see is important because God sees it, but also because the beam is an important part of the structure of the Cathedral. And so that and the verse in this Psalm reminds me that everything I do needs to be for the glory of God.

Application
Right now my focus is on my children, I am building their "structure". The strength of their character is dependant on what I do now! Wow that is alot of pressure, isn't it! However, the verse also says that if I trust the Lord He will help me. Whew! I sure need it and my children need Him to help me!!

This help is described in verses 23-24 and 31
23 The steps of the godly are directed by the Lord. He delights in every detail of their lives.
24 Though they stumble, they will not fall, for the Lord holds them by the hand.
31 They fill their hearts with God's law, so they will never slip from his path.

Prayer
Heavenly Father, thank you for speaking so loudly to me today! I place my trust in you and give you all the glory for the blessing of my children. And through your Word, help me to raise them in your love, to give them a strong structure so that they may have a deep and everlasting faith in you. Oh Lord thank you for directing my steps and holding my hand so I will not fall when I stumble. And please give me a deeper desire to know your Word so that I will not stumble so frequently.

No comments: