Friday, January 16, 2009

bread failure

Today I made a batch of bread dough. It seemed normal and that it was going to be nice. I set in the oven with the oven light on to rise. An hour later I came back and it had not risen!! That was the biggest shock of the day!! I could not understand what happened, my bread always rises. I have learned that I have sometimes not let it rise enough, but it always rises!

Then I remembered that I had to fill up my yeast jar and that I keep the extra yeast in the fridge. I am guessing that hot water hitting cold yeast is probably not a good combination.

Still not sure what to do with unrisen bread! I know that I could probably make pizza dough with it, but I have not tackled homemade pizza yet and don't have all the ingredients. Oh what a dilemma.

No comments: