Thursday, January 22, 2009

Psalm 38

Scripture
Psalm 38
verse 3 Because of your anger, my whole body is sick; my health is broken because of my sins.
verse 18 But I confess my sins; I am deeply sorry for what I have done.


Observation
This Psalm describes the terrible pain and suffering that David is experiencing. In verse 3 he states that all of his sickness is because of his sin. Sin can separate us from others and from God and cause loneliness, isolation, depression and despair. Our bodies and minds can be terribly affected when we allow sin to work in our lives.

The solution is found in verse 18 where David confesses his sin and feels remorse.

Application
To repent is change your ways and your way of thinking. Through repentance we turn from sin and turn to Christ who is our Saviour from all sin.

Prayer
Lord, you are so wonderful and gracious. Today I pray for you to please show me areas of sin in my life that I may not be aware of, sins that are causing pain and suffering in my life. I ask so that I may repent and live a more Godly life, to be more pleasing in your sight and to be a blessing to others. Thank you for loving us so much and sending Jesus to die for our sins.

No comments: