Friday, January 16, 2009

Psalm 33

Scripture
Psalm 33

verses 6-9
6 The Lord merely spoke,and the heavens were created. He breathed the word, and all the stars were born.
7 He gave the sea its boundaries and locked the oceans in vast reservoirs.
8 Let everyone in the world fear the Lord, and let everyone stand in awe of him.
9 For when he spoke, the world began! It appeared at his command.


Observation
The Lord is the creator of all things. To look up at the stars on a clear night is incredible, just to realize that we have not even begun to understand the depth and breadth of the universe. The power of that is so beyond my comprehension. And yet God loves me, and I am just one person! He knows my name, He knows my thoughts and my heart, and He watches over me with His unfailing love.

Application
Wow, all I can do is offer my praise as I am completely in awe of our Lord. Verse 1 says Let the godly sing with joy to the Lord, for it is fitting to praise him.

I think of how touched I am to hear my children sing and learn the words to new songs. Lately they love to sing "He's Got the Whole World in His Hands"! Can you imagine how touched God is when we sing to Him!!

Prayer
Lord thank you for the love you have for me. I am grateful that you have the Whole World in your Hands and that you have me in your hands. Please help me to keep this perspective and praise you throughout the day, everyday.

2 comments:

Jane Anne said...

This was such a good reminder to me to praise God every day (even when things don't seem to be going right!). I should always be in awe of him. Thank you.

carrhop said...

Beautiful! I too need a little me time every now and then...and unfortunately, I usually get testy and whiny before I realize that I need a time-out! Thanks for the reminder!

Blessings!