Tuesday, February 3, 2009

funny things I heard today

This is not really funny, in fact it nearly made me cry! This morning when I was making breakfast Sam came up to me and we had this conversation...

Sam Are you making breakfast Mama?
Mama Yes
Sam What are you making Mama?
Mama Waffles
Sam YUM I like waffles
Mama Me too!
Sam (after a brief pause) Mama...
Mama Yeah Sam?
Sam You are my best friend!
Mama Oh that's so nice!
Sam (before I could say anything else He hugged me around the waist and said) I Love You Mama!!

All I could do was hug him back, say I Love You too Buddy, and choke back the tears! He is such a cute kid, but I love that he is so sensitive and loving!


Then later I was helping him to put on a sweater and we had this conversation...
Sam Thanks for helping me with my sweater Mama
Mama You're welcome, and good job having such nice manners today.
Sam (very proudly) Yes I am! I say thank you when I get help!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh so sweet! Just melts your heart and makes all the mommy-work so worth it!