Tuesday, February 10, 2009

1Corinthians 4

Scripture
1Corinthians 4
Verse 7 What makes you better than anyone else? What do you have that God hasn't given you? And if all you have is from God, why boast as though you have accomplished something on your own?

Observation
Everything we have comes from God. My family, our health, our home, my husband's promotion, and the new home we will have in a few months are all gifts from God. Everything we buy is a gift from God, because every penny hubby makes is because God has provided him with a job.

This reminds me of a conversation I had with Sam. We were eating lunch one day and Sam kept asking me about various items like cheese, milk, the plates etc and if they all came from the store. I kept answering yes, they came from the store. Then he asked "Where did you come from Mama?", I paused wondering if he would ask if I came from the store, but he didn't he answered his own question by saying "God gave you?" I said, "Yes Sam, God gave me to you and God gave you to me!" I was so excited that he was getting it!! He is starting to understand God.


Application
We should look differently at our lives, the people in them, and at our possessions. It is very humbling to view everything as belonging to God and that He has given it all to us. I want to be a better parent because God has entrusted these precious children to me, I want to be a better wife because God gave me my husband, I want to be a better neighbor because God gave me my house, my community, my church and my friends, and I want to manage our money better because I am managing God's money.


Prayer
Gracious and loving Heavenly Father, please help all of us to remember that it is all yours. I pray for help so that I can be a better parent, wife, and Christian. I know that I am not better than anyone else, that we are all equal. I pray that I can embrace that and that you can work through me to reach others. And through all of this I give you all the glory and praise.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Great post! I love the picture also of your children. Have a great day.

Anonymous said...

Precious!