Wednesday, February 4, 2009

funny thing I saw today

I was helping the kids get their coats and boots on to go outside this afternoon. Ben had thrown his boots across the porch, he had a fit about something (that was not the funny part by the way!).

Anyway, he finally decided that he was ready to get his boots on so I told him to go get them and bring them to me. He went to the first one, picked it up and then put it mouth, held it with his teeth and brought it to me. I took it out of his mouth, he gave me a big grin and turned to go get the other one. But this time he crawled over to it, picked it up with his teeth and ran with it in his mouth back to me.

I kind of chuckled and asked what he was doing, he told me he was a puppy. LOL

This cute little incident sort of made up for earlier...

Sam came running to me and said "Ben is getting into trouble! He is spraying everywhere!!!" I thought maybe he had taken off his pullup and ...well. So I ran into the living room and saw him spraying all right. He had managed to find a bottle of Goo-Gone and was spraying it on the floors, the trunk, the windows, the TV, and the leather furniture! Now for those of you who do not know what Goo-Gone is, it is a wonderful product for getting stuff like sticker glue off of things. It works really well, but is not supposed to be used on leather, I didn't want to think what it would do to the laminate floors. I was not impressed and it took a long time to clean up. But after he told me "I made a big big mess Mama, I'm sorry" then he gave me a big hug and one of those delightful slobbery toddler kisses!

2 comments:

Penny said...

Awww...I bet that hug helped after cleaning up all that, lol!

Jane Anne said...

I am so thankful for the times that I can chuckle at or with my kids! It sounds like that little guy keeps you on your toes. (I was cracking up at the panick you must have felt thinking about him "spraying" everywhere. I can imagine that oh too well!)

My latest post: Wednesday Words