Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Psalm 16

Scripture

Psalm 16 blueletterbible.org

verse 9 No wonder my heart is filled with joy,
and my mouth shouts his praises!
My body rests in safety.


Observation

Whenever I read a psalm I always look for a guidance (or reason) to worship the Lord. This psalm was easy to find that, in verse 8 David tells us he is filled with joy and shouting praises. But why?

In the NIV bible verse 9 starts off with the word Therefore. I had a pastor that often said 'When you see the word Therefore, you need to ask yourself what is it there for?

And so, to find out why David is filled with joy and shouting praises we need to look back to verse 8 I know the Lord is always with me. I will not be shaken, for he is right beside me. It really is that simple, I am filled with joy and I praise the Lord simply because the Lord is always with me.

Application
I have no reason to worry or to fear. I can be content with the circustances of my life because God is in control. Hallelujah!!!

Prayer

Lord, thank you for being in control of my life and for guiding me ever deeper into a place of contentment.

No comments: