Friday, July 11, 2008

Psalm 7

I started the SOAP method of Bible study in the middle of Mark and Psalms. I am now going to add my notes from my written journal for the beginning chapters of both books so that the entire books are in this blog.

Scripture

Psalm 7

Prayer

Open my heart so I can understand your Word

Summary
  • David asks for God's protection from enemies pursuinghim
  • says if he has done evil then God should allow his enemies to capture hima and trample him to the ground
  • the Lord rises up in anger against enemies, He judges people on their righteousness and integrity
  • God protects but also judges and shows his wrath
  • describes the trouble evil brings us
  • thanks and praise

Application

Evil and sin continue to grow and can overtake our lives. God an help us overcome anything, we need to come to Him with all aspects of our lives.


No comments: