Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Mark 1:1-15

I started the SOAP method of Bible study in the middle of Mark and Psalms. I am now going to add my notes from my written journal for the beginning chapters of both books so that the entire books are in this blog.

Mark 1:1-15

Prayer
Help me find the strength and encouragement to fight temptation and be able to get deeper into the Word

Summary

- a reminder of the prophecies fulfilled in Jesus
- John the Babtist emphasizing his power
- Jesus baptizes with the Holy Spirit
- Account of Jesus' baptism v. 10-11 Key verses showing the Trinity of Jesus the man, Holy Spirit descending, and God speaking
- Jesus is tempted by Satan
- Jesus tellsus to repent and believe the Good News

Application

Be encouraged because you have the power of the Holy Spirit to help you resist temptation. You have to allow the Holy Spirit to help you.

No comments: