Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Mark 7

I started the SOAP method of Bible study in the middle of Mark and Psalms. I am now going to add my notes from my written journal for the beginning chapters of both books so that the entire books are in this blog.

Scripture

Mark 7

Prayer

Help me to discover devotional practices and traditions that are meaningful and truly praise God

Summary

  • the Pharisees questioned the disciples practice of eating before washing hands, which is a Jewish tradition
  • Jesus responded witha prophecy from Isaiah saying they are disobeying God by following traditions
  • Jesus said it is what comes out of a man that makes him unclean. Sin comes from your heart
  • Jesus sends out the demon from a Greek womans daughter
  • Jesus heals a man who was deaf and could barely talk

Application

Look at religious traditions and determine if they are truly spiritual or if it is a tradition of men that will get in th way of obedience to God

No comments: