Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Mark 8:1 - 9:1

I started the SOAP method of Bible study in the middle of Mark and Psalms. I am now going to add my notes from my written journal for the beginning chapters of both books so that the entire books are in this blog.

Scripture

Mark 8

Prayer

Help me to build and maintain routines for my home and family so that I can find more time to be with you Lord in a meaningful way

Summary

  • Jesus feeds the people with seven loaves and a few fish
  • thePharisees test him, asking for a sign frm heaven. Jesus tells them there will be no sign
  • Parable of the yeast - leavenis a small lump from a batch of dough and can rise a new batch of dough that has no yeast. The lesson is that a little can corrupt a large amount
  • Jesus heals a blind man, a gradual healing as he covered his eyes twice
  • Jesus asks his disciples "Who do you say I am?" Peter answered that he was Christ the Messiah
  • Jesus starts to teach about rising after 3 days
  • Key vers,v.34 take up his cross and follow me. Why? v.35 his life will be saved, v.36-37 a man cannot exchange his soul for wordly things v.38 if we are ashamed of or deny him he will be ashamed of us

Application

Find ways to beter follow Christ. We are to deny ourselves so that we can freely take up our cross

No comments: