Wednesday, December 1, 2010

too funny - overalls

So here is the dilemma I have...

We have tried very hard to teach our children responsility.  For example, if they do not clean up the toys in their rooms for several days then I go and do it the toys get put away in the attic.  The reasoning being that eventually they will get bored with no toys and next time they will realize that when I say clean up the toys they will do it so they won't lose the toys.  Logical thinking right?

Nope, not my kids - they NEVER get bored!  Here is an example of what I mean.  They grabbed a few bags and turned them into overalls by making holes for their legs to go through and putting the handles over their shoulders.  They did this so that they had work clothes to go to work at their construction site.  The construction site was under the table and they were using hats, mitts, and boots for building blocks.

Not a single idea came from me, I could never be that creative! So the moral of the story is that you should take away toys from your children to encourage and dramatically increase the level of creativity.

No comments: