Thursday, December 2, 2010

Santa!

Every year Santa makes an appearance at the TurkeyShoot supper.  He even gets a special ride on the local firetruck with ALL the lights flashing!  Very exciting!  I was impressed with my incredibly shy and bashful kids.  They all willing went and sat on his knee!!  I also think they knew that is what they needed to do to get the candy Santa was handing out. 

Sam did awesome with Santa. He was very nervous as you can see by his hands, but he spoke clearly and told Santa that he wanted a police motorcycle - no kidding!  He got police cars for his birthday and now he all he wanted was a police motorcyle!


Ben was also nervous, again you can tell by the hands!  I don't think he actually looked at Santa, but he did tell him that he wanted a search and rescue helicopter, although it was barely audible and I only know that is what he said because he had been saying that's what he wanted for weeks!


Then it was Carlee's turn and she was too scared.  A few more kids had to go before she was brave enough, but finally did it and she got up there. She never spoke to him - probably because she had no idea what she wanted for Christmas! Every time I asked her what she wanted for Christmas she would sigh and say "I just don't know yet." 

Nervous - again with the hands!   In this photo you can see she is looking over at his sack of candy and I am sure she is wondering how long she will have to sit there before he will give some to her.


She didn't have to wait too long, and she didn't have to talk to him.  But the moment he handed her that candy she leaped off his lap.  I barely had time to snap even this photo.  But just look at that grin of satisfaction HA!


No comments: