Thursday, September 20, 2012

too funny - pick your battles

Photo: School closed early...3 out of the 4 kids I have here begged to go in the pool. I said it was too cold. They insisted it was not. I chose not to fight this battle.  As I took this picture Sam said "I am feeling a bit wimpy right now".  LOL they got out before I finished this post hahaha

 School closed early today because of a watermain break.  What to do with my three plus an extra one I brought home?  I wasn't sure but figured they would find something to do.  They started by just playing outside, then 3 out of the 4 them came in begging to go in the pool. 

I said it will be too cold. Why? they ask.  Because it is fall now.

They didn't seem to get it so I sent them to feel the water and they came back saying it was fine. So I said, It is really not fine, it will be cold.

Someone said "but it is hot outside".  This was true, it was about 80 degrees.

So I said, Yes, but it gets cold at night and that makes the water cold.

They continued to beg and plead and one of them even changed into a bathing suit. I said it was too cold. They insisted it was not. I chose not to fight this battle. 

As I took this picture Sam said "I am feeling a bit wimpy right now". They got out before I could finish this post hahaha

No comments: