Monday, September 24, 2012

Too funny - Ben and school

A few days ago Ben came home with Yellow on his behavior report.  They start out at Green and move up and down the chart depending on their behavior.  At the end of the day the color they are on is reported to the parents.

Going up from Green, Blue is good, Purple is better, Pink is awesome.  Then going down from green, Yellow is bad, Orange is worse, and Red is the worst.

Anyway, this was the first time Ben had lower than green, so I had sent him to go and think about how he could behave better at school.  After a few minutes he came back and told me 5 things which I wrote down for him.  Daddy was away and I didn't want him to miss out on all the fun so I took this video.




Then on Friday he had received orange, which is not good at all!  So I asked him what the consequences should be for coming home with a bad behavior report.  He said "I should have one day off of school"

LOL nice try. 

Almost as funny was a couple weeks ago when he was taking his temperature because he was convinced he had a fever and had to stay home from school the next day.

It really is a good thing this kid is so darn cute.  The evidence of that statement? One day after school I was trying to explain something on his homework to him.  He was being very whiny and very grumpy so I said "You need to stop being so grumpy.  When you are ready to listen you can come back and show me a happy face."

So he went away and I moved onto helping the next kid with homework but was very aware what Ben was doing.  He was rummaging around upstairs, then in the living room and then in the school cabinet.

Then he ran outside but quickly came back, looked around and found the van keys.  I knew the van was locked and assumed that he wanted something from in there.  At that moment he was not being grumpy so I did not ask what he needed the keys for I just told him to please bring them right back...which he did.

He finally sat down at his homework table, but only for a minute.  Then came to me with this...

Yep, he literally showed me a happy face.  Do you see the little yellow happy face on the left?
He still has on his grumpy face but he did what I asked him too. He showed me a happy face!  How in the world could I possibly keep a straight face!!!

Yes this child is my biggest challenge, but I simply cannot express my gratitude to God for allowing me to be his Mama - and for giving me lots of  Blog and Facebook posts so that I can share our chaos with all of you!

It has been a long time since I participated in Gratituesday.  Far too long!
Join us for Gratituesday at Heavenly Homemakers!

1 comment:

Melissa Carr said...

Too funny! He is such a ham. Hope all is well out your way...been busy here. We'll have to catch up sometime!