Sunday, July 11, 2010

Happy Birthday Firetrucks

Our local fire department celebrated a birthday so we had to go see the firetrucks out on display! Of course,whenever there are people around our kids are incredibly shy.  But they were excited enough (after cake and cookies) to get up in the trucks.


It was about 5 thousand degrees that day and the seats were hot! Carlee wasn't overly impressed, at least not until she got her balloon!

Once we got back home (and they no longer had to be shy) their bikes instantly turned into firetrucks.  They would place an imaginary 911 call and then race to the emergency, sirens blaring! 
 I got the camera when I heard them from inside the house - the opposite end of the house!

Not sure you could handle too much, so I made sure to take a very short video - 12 seconds is more than enough to get the idea.



But if you think you can stand more, here is some more. This one mostly just Ben making the horrible firetruck noise.  It is only 32 seconds long - I had to escape back into the house and considered calling 911 to rescue me from this torture.


I am actually writing this several months later - in January and when I watch these I still cringe. Ever since this day whenever they play firetrucks or police cars (which is alot) they make this ear-piercing noise. Funny thing is that they didn't hear actual sirens that day!

You know, I was never bothered by nails on a chalkboard and would secretly laugh at all the people cringing. Now I know how they felt.

No comments: