Tuesday, October 16, 2012

6 years of chaos

Join us for Gratituesday at Heavenly Homemakers!


A couple days ago Ben & Carlee turned 6.  That means that for the next few weeks we have three 6  year olds, then Sam will turn 7.  Yep, we had three babies born in less than a year.  Yep, we had three babies under one for 5 weeks!  And yep, for 5 weeks out of every year we have 3 kids the same age.  As I reflect back over the past 6 years, I am reminded why I called this blog Our Blessed Chaos. 

I am grateful God chose to bless us with these beautiful children, and I am grateful for His grace that continually keeps me from completely losing my mind!


Our lives changed forever the day Ben & Carlee joined our family.

This was a typical morning when they were babies.  The poor puppies are patiently waiting their turn to be fed!

There were occasional peaceful moments during the day...but not many

Then Ben &Carlee started to move, and getting a group photo became impossible.  I nearly lost my mind trying to keep up with three kids going in three different directions.

In this photo they were all one.  This has become my cue to get family photos done.  I think it was this photo that made me think of the term Blessed Chaos!

Then they were all two.  Terrible twos times three!

And still an occasional peaceful moment...but still not many

I pray they will be best friends for life.

They certainly can get each other in trouble.  Nice that they wore boots...too bad they didn't tuck in the pant legs.

Yikes!  Imagine potty training three at a time.  This must be the definition of chaos!

ummm...I am still speechless over the chaos of this day

Then they were all three, with imaginations overflowing.  In this photo they were waving goodbye because they were in an airplane and were going on a trip.

Just a hint of the chaos that occurs when it is time to get ready for bed.
Then they were all four.  Whew, what a day.  I nearly lost my mind trying to control the chaos from ruining my brothers wedding!
A group photo is still nearly impossible, but every year I try to get it and every year I nearly lose my mind!

Imaginations are still strong.  Here they are construction workers wearing their overalls.

Wow, they are even clean once in awhile.  Of course they create chaos, even in the tub!
And I am still praying they will always be each others best friends.

They are even prepared with "helmets" during Hurricane Irene! Yep we had chaos even in the middle of a hurricane.

WOO HOO they all started school and I got some peace during the day!
Sam started Kindergarten and Ben & Carlee were in Preschool

Then they were all five!  It is getting slightly easier to get a group photo.

AH HA!  We now see the source of some of the chaos in our house!

...ummmm... still speechless over the chaos they created on this day.

And an occasional quiet moment...still not many though

HOORAY back to school!!! and some peace for Mama!
Sam is in 1st grade, Ben & Carlee are in Kindergarten

Now that we have three 6 year olds, I have a feeling the tooth fairy is going to be busy coming to our house.  Enjoy the last weeks of being 6 Sam, you are growing so fast I can hardly believe you will soon be 7!  But I pray that no matter how old you are, you will always be my sweet boy.

Happy 6th Birthday Ben & Carlee! I love how in this photo you can see their personalities are like night and day. Our precious Carlee, and then there is Ben, our darling Ben!  



2 comments:

Anne Birdsong said...

Hi, I’m Anne from Life on the Funny Farm (http://annesfunnyfarm.blogspot.com), and I’m visiting from Gratituesday.

What a great pictorial timeline! Congrats to you and your beautiful family. I thought mine were close (six kids with 4 1/2 years oldest to youngest), but you win the prize!

Anyway, it’s nice to “meet” you! Hope you can pop by my blog sometime to say hi…

Sallie said...

:) I love this (chaotic) family!